I keep running into You
lately
the light has been shortening
things have been
running out
and things
have been
filling
Who am I
in all the world
if not
Your beloved?
Where else
in all the earth
does this story go
except glory
and joy made home?
I was worried
the city with its aching
treadmill of dreams
would yell
so loud
that I wouldn't be able
to make out Your voice
And surely it has
and would have
if You weren't such
a great interrupter
If you weren't such
a great friend.
Today I thought
maybe I will create a tee shirt
with the message
"I didn't have what it takes"
and wear it around Manhattan
to remind myself
the brilliant and trembling story
all my life
You keep rescuing me
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I enjoy reading your poems. They are so beautifully raw. Thanks for sharing them.
That fourth and fifth stanza, yep.
Post a Comment