I have always known
How to find you
And what it feels like.
As the years have passed
I have learned many things :
There are others out there
Who experience you in other ways
There is a world of knowledge
Possessed by men and women
Who are not me
The world is bigger
And I am smaller
Than I once knew about
But You...
You are still my same friend
You show up, in the complexity
The same one
Who walked me to the restroom in the middle of the night at summer camp
The same one who waited above ohio corn
The one who cried through the eyes of my friend
The one who pursues me
Still.
Just because I know more now
Doesn't mean I knew less then
Glory. God
Thank you
for hiding from the wise
and revealing to the little ones
How to find you
And what it feels like.
As the years have passed
I have learned many things :
There are others out there
Who experience you in other ways
There is a world of knowledge
Possessed by men and women
Who are not me
The world is bigger
And I am smaller
Than I once knew about
But You...
You are still my same friend
You show up, in the complexity
The same one
Who walked me to the restroom in the middle of the night at summer camp
The same one who waited above ohio corn
The one who cried through the eyes of my friend
The one who pursues me
Still.
Just because I know more now
Doesn't mean I knew less then
Glory. God
Thank you
for hiding from the wise
and revealing to the little ones
No comments:
Post a Comment