and perhaps
the reason
I had withdrawn
my hand
had nothing
at all to do
with you.
Or with what the story
is.
truely.
Maybe I just
confused the things:
the loss of a love
(that now I thank thee for)
with the loss of all loves
The loss of a hope once clutched so dear
that I forgot that I don't hold
the stars
You do.
Why did I think
that if I couldn't see you
you weren't there?
that you were lost
rather than me?
Oh God.
breathe hope back into me.
Restore
Help me come alive again:
a skill at which
you alone excel.
I have no claim on it. Only thank yous.
Eventually.
Help me find my hand back to yours now.
Back to a God who never
ever
failed.
the reason
I had withdrawn
my hand
had nothing
at all to do
with you.
Or with what the story
is.
truely.
Maybe I just
confused the things:
the loss of a love
(that now I thank thee for)
with the loss of all loves
The loss of a hope once clutched so dear
that I forgot that I don't hold
the stars
You do.
Why did I think
that if I couldn't see you
you weren't there?
that you were lost
rather than me?
Oh God.
breathe hope back into me.
Restore
Help me come alive again:
a skill at which
you alone excel.
I have no claim on it. Only thank yous.
Eventually.
Help me find my hand back to yours now.
Back to a God who never
ever
failed.
No comments:
Post a Comment